Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Toad the Wet Sprocket- Stories I Tell




I have been a fan of Toad the Wet Sprocket since I was a tween. A few of my favorite songs back then were; All I Want, Walk on the Ocean, Hold Her Down and Fall Down.  In my adult years, I still love all of those song, of course, but I am drawn to a whole new set of songs, as well.  There are many I love that will make an appearance here, but, today, I am just going to mention one.  Stories I Tell.

This melancholy and somewhat haunting tune is music to my ears, filled with great lyrics and awesome guitar solos!  Glen Phillips just has this way with his voice that is very soothing to the soul and can improve your day immediately!!  I know you will enjoy this as much as I have!!! (Lyrics below video)


"Stories I Tell"
Don't give me answers for I would refuse
"yes" is a word for which I have no use
And I wasn't looking for heaven or hell
Just someone to listen to stories I tell

Now what is a blessing and what is a dream
Caught between portraits and none's what it seems
And why is it people expect there's a change
When I feel I'm a part of something I can't see
I feel the same

Now don't ask me questions or I will retreat
Fame is a cancer and ego its seed
Now I wasn't looking for heaven or hell
Just someone to listen to stories I tell

Do we ever wonder?
And do you ever care...

Subtle salvation in poems we know
Hiding our heads in a shadow of home
Now I wasn't looking for wreaths or for bells
Just someone to listen to stories I tell
Stories I tell


No comments:

Post a Comment